Monday, June 30, 2008

¡Espana gano, Espana gano!

¡Espano gano, Espana gano! What a great day to be in Spain. What a bad day to be German in Spain. Yestday we came back early from the beach in Portugal to be back in time for the game. The beach was wonderful, the water was freezing, and it was challenging being in a place where for the first time I couldn´t understand anything anyone was saying and no one understood me. We were at the beach long enough for me to get a nice sunburn even after applying spf 30. When we came back, I watched most of the game with the family I´m staying with then met a friend to go to Plaza Mayor to watch the last ten minutes or so. 0-1 Espana! It was wild. I bought a flag and was jumping and cheering with the rest of them. I cracked up when the whole plaza was singing to ¨we are the champions.¨
Well, I gotta run. Our group is meeting in a few minutes. Tonight we´re meeting at the bus station to take the bus to Madrid to catch the plane to Rome! I bought a guide of rome and an italian dictionary, but all I could find was in Spanish. So I still have to practice while I´m there, ha ha.

No comments: