Saturday, June 28, 2008

¡Futbol!

The other night was one of the best nights I´ve had here. First, my roomate and I went to a concert in the old cathedral (12 centruy old) to see a professional choir from Germany. She actually made us late, so the first half was sitting in a courtyard and listening through the door. We went in after intermission. I can´t describe this cathedral. It´s too beautiful and immense for description. The music was the same way. It was all boroque choir music and it was fantastic. After that, my roomate ordered crappy paella at a pricey restaurant (I got a sprite that cost 2€).

Then we went for ice cream at Plaza Mayor and to watch the game. Spain won against Russia 3-0 (or 3-1 don´t remember). It was a madhouse! I got some good videos of the chaos. Imagine hundreds of people in Spain colors watching the game on a thirty foot screen and going crazy at every goal. When the clock finally ran out and Spain officially won the game, it went insane. We followed a stream of people up the road, singing and chanting and clapping. We all wound up at this plaza with a good size fountain. Tons of people were climbing in the fountain and all over the statue. Just tons of people everywhere! I really hope Spain wins the European Cup tomorrow in the game against Germany, cause if they do it´s going to be crazy.
Love you all. Don´t get sick from the smoke. I´m off to get some good paella.

2 comments:

Kellie said...

What a blast! Crazy to be part of it. So, we will be staying home for vacation this summer. Yes, you read me right. Neil is also getting his wisdom teeth out on the 10th so you can be recovering buddies. We went to Neil's motor competition yesterday and had a blast. Neil took 4th place. Awesome!! I'm sun burnt from standing in Oaklands overcast atmosphere. I'm going to make you start drinking Goji berry juice when you get home. It's supposed to help with diabetes. Love ya..

horseygrandma said...

Dear Geena, I am not sure if you will be able to get time to see your blog while you are in Italy. I am glad you get to go to the country of ancient Roman ruins. I hope you have a fantasitc time. We are home painting and doing a bit of remodling. Our neighbor is fixing the kitchen cabinet so we can walk through to the dining table. Isn't that going to be wonderful? Dee Dee is confused, she doesn't know what is going on. She follows me around everywhere. Well fish says Hi! I love you mom.